What is Conflict?
Conflict is :
- What happens when there’s a gap between the goals of one person and those of others.
- This gap affect the relation between them.
How conflict can differ from just indifference ?
Questions that used t o differentiate conflict from indifference:
- Are the parties approaching the conflict from a hostile point ?
- Is the outcome likely to be negative one for the organization ?
- Do the potential losses of the parties exceed any potential gain?
If answer by Yes indicate conflict here.
Why conflict management is importance ?
- Conflict management skills predict managerial success.
- Managers spend about 21% of their time dealing with conflict.
What are the perspective of conflict?
There are two perspectives:
- Inter actionist view:
Conflict is valuable to organization.
When two people in business always agree, one of them unnecessary.
- Minimization view:
Conflict reduces harmony and should avoided.